My Life at University of East Anglia

Rachael M. shares her experience at University of East Anglia.

Q :- You have been one of those highly respected lot of students who have been doing higher studies at University Of East Anglia how does it feel to be at University of East Anglia UK?
A :- It feels nice as this is a good university which is ranked 2nd for the course that I am pursuing i.e. MS in climate change and international development. Also there is no course similar to this or even close to this course in India.

Q :- Please tell us about which course you are studying and why did you choose that course?
A :- I am doing my MS in climate change and international development. I chose this course as I have already done my MS in social work and I am mainly interested in economic development.

Q :- Why did you choose the UK for higher education?
A :- I chose UK for my higher education because this is one of the best course that I am doing and this is only available in UK.

Q :- How is University Of East Anglia different than any other UK University based on whatever you have heard from your friends about?
A :- It is a very good university with high teaching standards which prepares the student very well, also when I first came here I have to relearn everything starting from the study pattern. The University of East Anglia is ranked 2nd for the course that I am doing. Excellent teaching faculty and then there is a Tyndall centre for climate change research, excellent network and research.

Q :- Are you happy with your decision?
A :- Yes I am happy with my decision as this is one of the best course that I am pursuing.

Q :- Where do you eat? Do you cook yourself?
A :- I cook food at my own, as I live off campus.

Q :- Where do you live? On-campus or off-campus and why?
A :- I live off-campus as this is cheap as I share the room and rent.

Q :- Please share some of your experiences of the UK for aspiring students
A :- It’s a completely different experience the people in India have cohesive culture where as in UK there are not many people and this is one thing that Indian students will be surprised of. The people in UK take much time to gel in or mingle with other people. The standard of cleanliness, ethics are very high.

Q :- What’s your advice to students who aspire to go to the UK for higher studies?
A :- Adequate finance is required; there are no jobs, a not even part time job sometimes as there is a tough fight and competition between the British students and overseas students. In India there is not much support from the Government and the banks given to students. India should come up with good institutes. Here you can find huge bulk of Chinese students because they get scholarships even though they don’t have excellent academics.

Q :- Other than academics, what else did you learn from the country UK?
A :- I can’t say much at present as I have just completed 3 months in UK.

Q :- How are the studies in the UK different than the studies in India?
A :- In UK they don’t spoon feed as you have to understand the matter that you are studying , here they have excellent teaching faculty. They won’t provide you any materials to study on however they will just give you some references and you have to take out the information to study by your own. Teaching standards are very high as compared to the studies in India.

Q :- Is it worth spending so much money to get a degree from the UK as compared to similar degree in India with lower costs?
A :- Yes,it is worth spending so much money to get a degree from the UK for me because we don’t have such courses in India.

Q :- What’s your advice to parents of aspiring students?
A :- My advice to parents are they should not sent their children abroad for normal courses like MBA as for such courses we have good universities and colleges in India too. If the student is planning for some course that is not there is India or if they are planning for any other higher studies then they can however the students should be matured enough to understand and to learn their cultures. The parents should think about the financial part too.

Q :- Key things to remember for parents and students while planning for the studies in the UK
A :- Same as answered in the above questions.

Q :- What are you future plans?
A :- I will be doing job in UK or any other countries in the development sector and then I will work with the ministry of environment in India.

Q :- How did you fund your higher education?
A :- Entirely from Credila.

Q :- Why did you choose Credila?
A :- Credila was my last option which was referred to me by one of my friend as all the banks decision exhausted. Also the main thing is the age limit I am above certain age that it was difficult to get an educational loan from banks, the processing of the loan is very fast with Credila unlike other banks which is one of the main thing what I liked.

Q :- If Credila arranges a chat session with you for prospective students sometime in the future,will you be available for the chat on Credila’s expert chat session?
A :- Yes.

Q :- Any other references you can give us who can answer similar interviews?
A :- Yes, I will provide some references however they have not taken loan from Credila they have taken the loan from banks.I will mail you their references.

0 Responses to “My Life at University of East Anglia”:

Leave a comment