My life as a student at Chichester College.

Jaikrishna T. shares his experience as a student at Chichester College.

Q :- You have been one of those highly respected lot of students who have been doing higher studies at Chichester College how does it feel to be at Chichester College UK?
A :- This is my third year it is a very good experience that I got here.

Q :- Please tell us about which course you are studying and why you chose that course?
A :- I am doing my Higher National Diploma in hospitality and event management. I chose this course because I have done my Bachelors in hospitality and I am interested in the hospitality industries.

Q :- Why did you choose the UK for higher education?
A :- Because the hospitality course is good in UK and Europe, however the best course is in UK as there are many reputed hotels and top 5 hotels are based in Europe and UK.

Q :- How is Chichester College different than any other UK University based on whatever you have heard from your friends about?
A :- Chichester College, it is the port of West Sussex. It is very reputed college for hospitality. The tutors are friendly. The location and environment is very good.

Q :- Are you happy with your decision?
A :- I am very happy.

Q :- Where do you live? On-campus or off-campus and why?
A :- I live off-campus because it is cheaper than living on-campus and also if we are living on-campus then we cannot go out of the campus after 10 O’clock and I come after 10 o’clock as I am doing a part time job here.

Q :- Please share some of your experiences of the UK for aspiring students
A :- Experience from my point of view I won’t say or suggest any one to come to UK at present because there are many Indians who don’t have any job yet. I am lucky that I have a job here because this is my third year in UK. There is lack of job opportunities in UK especially in London. In future when the situation gets better then they can come here.

Q :- How should students select the UK Universities? What are the important things to look at and compare among various Universities?
A :- They should select the Universities depending on the course that they are planning to pursue. Different Universities have different rankings and are good in different courses.

Q :- What’s your advice to students who aspire to go to the UK for higher studies?
A :- Getting a certificate here in UK is very important for the students like us who plan for higher education from UK. They should be ready to live here with or without getting the job as it is very difficult now a day to get jobs.

Q :- Other than academics, what else did you learn from the country UK?
A :- I have learned lot of good things here; I improved my English a lot. In India I used to talk only in Gujarathi even though I did my education from English medium school. Here I have learned how to work hard, how to interact with different people etc.

Q :- How are the studies in the UK different than the studies in India?
A :- It is very different here no one will force you to study, there is no stress or burden as far it is studies, it is up to you how you study and cope up with it. Tutors are available and there are not many exams due to assignments and projects.

Q :- Is it worth spending so much money to get a degree from the UK as compared to similar degree in India with lower costs?
A :- Yes it is worth spending so much money for my course because in India we don’t have such course and India is not yet so developed in hotel industries. I know that I have spent a lot on my education and for that I am studying hard.

Q :- What’s your advice to parents of aspiring students?
A :- Advice to parents, don’t force the students to choose the course, let them decide on the course that they are interested in. If they are not interested in studying abroad, don’t send them forcefully; if the student is having homesickness, please don’t come here because this is a lonely place and its loneliness can affect such students a lot.

Q :- Key things to remember for parents and students while planning for the studies in the UK
A :- Decide and plan well, before coming here, learn cooking because eating outside is expensive, try and get every possible thing from India itself.

Q :- What are the 3 important things you learnt after you entered the UK?
A :- 1) Stand for myself,
2) How to earn money and what is the value of money,
3) Leadership and respect.

Q :- Did you see the movie 3 idiots? Do you relate to that movie? Please share your thoughts.
A :- I saw the movie and I do relate myself because when I was in India I was not that good in studies however now I have improved and decided to study hard.

Q :- What are you future plans?
A :- After this course I will be doing 1 year Degree course and after that I will get into my industries.

Q :- What are your views about the current economic environment in the UK? Has it changed anything for the students like you?
A :- It has changed a lot; getting job is not that simple now. UK is very much in deep loss. People say that it is improving however I can’t see any.

Q :- Any other advice to students and parents?
A :- Just decide what you have to do, parents please don’t force the students for the course or University or even for the country where he should go. Let the student decide based on his interest.

Q :- Any other references you can give us who can answer similar interviews?
A :- I do have few friends however they are not studying they are here for work I will ask them and will give the reference.

0 Responses to “My life as a student at Chichester College.”:

Leave a comment